Welcome to Once Upon a Time Child Care!
Once Upon A Time Child Care is accredited by the National Accreditation Commission or NAC, an organization with impeccable childcare standards. This accreditation is a clear reflection of our steadfast commitment to providing exceptional care for young children.
We have received the Gold Circle of Quality from ExceleRate Illinois, the state's new quality recognition and improvement system for early learning and development programs.
The Gold Circle of Quality recognizes programs which have demonstrated quality on all 17 standards, as validated by an independent assessor. Gold Circle programs meet or exceed specific quality benchmarks on learning environment, instructional quality, and all program business standards; group size and child ratios; provider qualifications; and professional development.
For more information on ExceleRate Illinois, please visit: www.excelerateillinois.com.
Once Upon a Time Child Care was established in September, 2006 we are licensed by Department of Children and Family Services. Our center operates year round from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We were licensed for 50 children. After expanding in 2008 and 2009 we are currently licensed for 73 children, 6wks through Kindergarten. We have 5 classrooms, Parent/Teacher Room, and 15 staff members. We provide stimulating activities that enrich children physical, cognitive, language, social and emotional development. Our hands-on program
- Stimulates language development,
- Promotes small and large muscle coordination
- Promotes gross motor development through exercising and music
- Develops fine motor skills by coloring, cutting, puzzles, and art projects
- Fosters social and emotional development by assisting children with problem solving
- Encourage self-help and self-control skills
We learn through our play. Our goal is to ensure that every child’s needs are being met by introducing a variety of materials based on the child’s age, abilities, and interests.
When it comes to your kids, nothing less than the highest standards will do. Our institution provides a safe environment for your child to explore his or her full potential. If you're looking for a child care center that meets these stringent demands, look no further!
This website will give you a first impression of our child care center.
From the Owners………………..
Welcome to Once Upon a Time Child Care Center. My personal philosophy is what guides the policies and practices at our center.
We believe all children should be treated with love and respect. Children should be greeted every morning with a smile and a hello. Our teachers will continue to help children develop self-control by setting limits, correcting misbehavior, and talking to them. We will help them think for themselves by problem solving. We want children to feel good about themselves by giving them positive praise and encouragement, by guiding them with age-appropriate activities, and by being firm, fair, and consistent. It is our desire to help children to grow to be happy in a safe and healthy learning environment.
Our Mission…. To provide a rich classroom environment where children are encouraged to explore and are challenged to learn socially, emotionally, cognitively, and through language development.
- We believe that children must have some control over the direction of their learning and be given endless ways and opportunities to express themselves
- We believe in children’s right to PLAY
- We believe play should be fun, exciting, spontaneous, hands-on, stimulating, relaxing, comforting and challenging
- We also feel that it is important to provide opportunities for children to experiment, discover, explore, create, investigate, practice theories, solve problems and express ideas with the support of other children and the educators
- We believe in celebrating children’s play, discoveries and learning and will do so through reflection, meaningful documentation, and learning stories
We give it our all
Our staff consists of experienced, certified and continually trained educators. We will care for your child like no other institution.
Useful Facts from A to Z
Useful hints and important information about the daily interplay between you, your child and Once Upon a Time Child Care.