COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY- PARENT AGREEMENT
ONCE UPON A TIME CHILD CARE
COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
• I understand that during this COVID-19 Public Emergency I will NOT be permitted to enter OUAT beyond the designated drop-off and pick-up area. I understand that this procedure change is for the safety of all persons present at OUAT and to limit to the extent possible everyone’s risk of exposure. I understand that it is my responsibility to inform any Emergency Contact persons of this information.
• I understand that to enter OUAT my child must be fee from COVID-19 symptoms. If, during the day, any of the following symptoms appear my child will be separated from the rest of the people in the center. I will be contacted, and my child MUST be picked up form the facility with 30 minutes of being notified.
Fever of 100.4 degrees of higher
Shortness of breath
Loss of taste or smell
While we understand that many of these symptoms can also be related to non-COVID-19 related issues we must proceed with an abundance of caution during this Public Health Emergency. These symptoms typically appear 2-7 days after being infected so please take them seriously. Your child will need to be symptom free without any medications for 72 hours before returning to OUAT. Families with multiple children- If one child have a fever all of the children may not return until symptom free for 72 hours
• I understand that my child’s temperature must be taken at home prior to
arrival and again at 3pm by a Director.
• I understand that I must bring a pair of shoes to the facility that will ONLY be worn inside this facility and will be left here each evening.
• I understand that my child will be required to wash their hands using CDC recommended handwashing procedures throughout the day using warm running water and rubbing with soap for at least 20 seconds.
• I understand that outside of care, in order to control my child’s exposure in the community, I will comply with any and all state, county or local stay-at-home orders, will limit my child’s contact outside of care to persons living in my household/nucleus. I will not take my child out to stores unless it is absolutely necessary and then only to shop for essential items like food, medicines and toiletries and will follow any recommendations from the CDC that limits my child’s risk for exposure including wearing a mask in all public areas and remaining 6ft from all other people.
• I will immediately notify OUAT directors if I become aware of any person with whom my child or I have had contact exhibits any of the symptoms listed above, is advised to self-isolate, quarantine or has tested positive, or is presumed positive for COVID-19. Further, I will immediately notify OUAT directors if anyone from my place of employment is presumed positive or tests positive for COVID-19 whether or not I have had direct contact with that person.
• I understand that while present in the facility each day my child will be in contact with children and staff who are also at risk of community exposure. I understand that no list of restrictions, guidelines or practices will remove 100% of the risk of exposure to COVID-19 as the virus can be transmitted by persons who are asymptomatic and before some people show signs of infections. I understand that I play a crucial role in keeping everyone at OUAT safe and reducing the risk of exposure by following the practices outlined above.
I, ____________________________________ certify that I have read, understand and agree to comply with the provisions listed above. I acknowledge that failure to act in accordance with the provisions listed above or with any other policy or procedure outlined by Once Upon a Time will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of childcare. I acknowledge that my childcare will be terminated if it is determined that my actions or lack of action unnecessarily exposes another child, staff or their family member to COVID-19.
Time of Drop Off _________________ Time of Pick-Up ___________________
Child’s name ______________________________ DOB:_________
Child's name ______________________________ DOB:_________
Parent Signature ____________________ Date __________